• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can't delete "Deleted photos to remove" from a collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Little

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have a collection "in waiting" that I dip into from time to time as my post-processing skills improve. So a number of photos have been in there for months or years. It contains a section (I assume established by LR) entitled "Deleted photos to remove", but right-clicking on them (I'm in Win10) and clicking "remove from collection" has no effect. Similarly trying this from the drop-down menu doesn't work. This has also been a problem in past versions of LrC (I'm on 9.2.1 still). This isn't an earth-shaking problem but it's best to keep things cleaned up. Any ideas?

Just to clarify (the title is misleading), I want to Remove the images from the collection, not to remove or delete them from the catalog.

"Deleted photos to remove" sounds like the section of a Publish Service collection. When removing photos from Publish Services, they are placed into that section basically waiting for the user to do a re-publish operation. That then ensures that the images that are marked for deletion that have previously been published are deleted from the service destination, e.g. if you've used a Flickr publish service and decide to remove images from that service, they'll be put into that "Deleted photos to remove" section. The next time you re-publish that collection, those images will be deleted from the Flickr site.

So, to remove them from the publish service, re-publishing should delete them from the destination and then they should disappear from the collection.

Thanks. For reasons that are lost in the mists of time, it was actually in Publish Services under Flickr, but I don't think I ever published to Flickr straight from that. So I selected all the photos, added them to a regular collection, then deleted the images in the collection that was under Publish Services, then that collection. As they say, the computer does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back