Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Lightroom Version
Lightroom CC
Operating System
macOS 10.11 El Capitan
Hi, My internal Macbbok pro SSD disc on which I store my LR catalogue has become corrupted. In the sense it is now become- read only. Hence when I open my LR app on Mac, this message pops up- "Lightroom cannot open the catalog named “LR Catalogue ” located on volume “SSD” because Lightroom cannot save changes to this location".
In order to RESCUE my LR catalogue, I thought of copying the catalogue from the faulty disc on to a new ext HD. (Since I cannot do it from within LR anymore.)
After which I planned to indicate to my LR where the new path to the MOVED catalogue would be. Or point it to the new location. I'm not sure how else to go about it. Or perhaps open a new catalogue by clicking on the same LR catalogue icon, withen the copied/moved LR folder on the ext HD?
With this plan in mind, I tried copying the LR folder from the SSD ( the folders with images from withen my lightroom folder and the LR catalogue previews, smart previews and the catalogue itself) in the same order, without changing the named labels on a new ext HD.

But the problem is that I managed to copy everything except, "LR catalogue previews.lrdata" It doesnt let me copy this folder.
Does that mean my LR wont work anymore WITHOUT the previews folder?
Am I going about it the right way? I mean am I rescuing my LR the right way?

Please help, I dont want to loose all my years of editing... :(

Sandji

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x / CC 2015.x
Thank you so much Mr. Elzenga, I tried it and it worked!