• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Canon's Cloud - data lost

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It's ok, that was me doing a minor mod to the email notifications! VBtestaccount is one of my test accounts, and I was posting in the hidden back room forum.
Well that certainly sent off alarms when I saw it. VB to my eyes said VisualBasic not Victoria Brampton. It had all of the earmarks of a hacker when I read them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Well that certainly sent off alarms when I saw it. VB to my eyes said VisualBasic not Victoria Brampton. It had all of the earmarks of a hacker when I read them.
Sorry for scaring you! Anytime you think we might be being hacked, drop me an email as there's extra checks I would do to make sure everything was secure.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I fail to see that confusion. When you rename on import and save a second copy on import, that second copy will be renamed too. When you rename on import and use a backup utility to make a backup of the imported images, the backup images will have the new name too.
My overall system backup (and backup of that backup) will usually include photo files before they are imported into Lightroom. Belts and suspenders.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (but still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm with Cletus here. No website is 100% immune from a truly dedicated and skilled hacker.