• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Color Grading and improved zoom across the whole Lightroom family, plus graphical watermarks for the cloud-based Lightroom apps, as well as the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

Canon Pro-1 and Canon SG-201 paper

DHBrooks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version
CC
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I don't print very often and i have a printer that is way too good for my needs. Now that that is out of the way, i purchased a bunch of the SG-201 paper from Canon along with the printer along with some of their Pro Platinum paper (PT-101). i loved the PT-101 and now it is gone. But i still have lots of the SG-201. I was printing head shots and they all seemed to come out way too red. i used what i thought was the proper profile--there seemed to be two--both came out red. the photos were not red on the screen (Mac Pro -this or that with a great monitor). I threw in some of my older HP photo paper and the colours were correct, so I think the profile for the SG-201 is not good. Any suggestions?
Thanks and sorry for the long post.
[email protected]
DavidHBrooksPhotography.com

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
You might try dumping those two profiles and downloading only one, directly from Canon. Also, if you're not already calibrating your screen, that's likely most of the problem; it's 90% of color-management (or so says my color management guy, who's saved me an awful lot of money in ink and paper).

DHBrooks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
You might try dumping those two profiles and downloading only one, directly from Canon. Also, if you're not already calibrating your screen, that's likely most of the problem; it's 90% of color-management (or so says my color management guy, who's saved me an awful lot of money in ink and paper).
i used to calibrate my screens when i was using a PC and an older now discontinued HP printer. that seemed to work. In my current set-up, i have never had the problem, except for with this paper and profile combination. i used to calibrate religiously (it beat going to shul).