• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Canon Camera profile & presetd

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelley.joy

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi All!
Please bear with me.. this maybe a little long & I hope it makes sense. I am well aware VSCO aware providing any support or updates for DESKTOP anymore. I’ve been a Nikon user all my life and updated my VSCO presets for my Nikon files before the shut down.
fast for two years and I’ve switched to canon 5D mark iV.
I reloaded VSCO, entered my license key. Selected CANON.
the presets are greyed out and Italics When applying the presets they are so flat and desaturated . I spent ALOT of time googling. Like... days and days Andall I could work out is my camera profiles need updating.i used to DNG Profile thingy... I did lots of things!!
This was 4 months ago. And I gave up and put my new camera away. Went back to my Nikon. Because i can edit them Easily.
Is anyone able to help me with getting my presets to work!
Im at a point I might wipe clear my laptop and download it all fresh and start again.
Can anyone enlighten me on some solutions please? Let me know if you need more info!
Thank you!!!

The VCO presets also load a custom profile and that custom profile won't be installed in Lightroom desktop. That is why the presets show in italics and that is why they don't work anymore.

Is there anyway to load the custom profiles ?
Could I ask a friend who has the same camera & same presets to share her custom profiles ?
where would the profiles be stored ?

The profiles should be stored in Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/CameraProfiles. Lightroom allows adding profiles, so if you add them to Lightroom the presets may work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back