• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cannot write to following dir...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
The settings correct but Lr can't seen to go past the "Users" folder. I
Lr camera roll.jpg

Certainly not too deeply nested. While Windows has a character limit for the length of the folder path, this is no where near that limit.

Most likely, the cause is lack of user write privileges (the logged in user might not be Michael) to that folder or one of the containing folders.

Thanks, that doesn't appear to be the case, but there is a Camera Roll folder on OneDrive; maybe I should use that setting?
ONe drive.jpg

In your first image, the path is C:\Users\Michael\Pictures\Camera Roll yet in your second post, the path is C:\Users\mikec\Pictures\Camera Roll. Those would be considered two different users and thus one wouldn't have admin privileges for the other.

Ah, I didn't notice that :D

Since starting this threat I switched to the OneDrive option, so I'm not restricted to one computer.

I think I may have cracked this: Windows 10 defender thinks Lightroom is an "unfriendly app" ( we may have our own views on that, but anyway) there is a feature in Defender called Controlled folder access. You can switch it on and off, or allow certain apps. Go into Windows Defender Security Centre and find ago into Virus and threat protection. There you will find "Virus and threat protection settings" ignore the no action needed message and click on it. Click on "Allow an app through controlled folder access" and add Lightroomcc.exe ( I added photoshop and Lightroom for good measure) you can find the paths by right clicking on the program icon. Mine was in c:\program files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back