• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cannot synchronizing jpg from source file

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhyvoz

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Good evening to all !

First of all thanks in advance for your help. I am a happy newcomer and no doubt the forum will be extremely helpful thanks to you guys. Quick presentation : my name is Nicolas, I am a 31 year's old french photographer.

Regarding my little bug :

Until recent times, I could export my dng's into jpegs in the same source file buy using a preset. After synchronisation of the file the jpegs then used to appear in the catalog and then I could keep them in a subfolder in the same file.

Problem is I can still export them, they appear normally in the finder but Lr does not find anything to sync anymore into the catalog...

I have tried to check general settings but I couldn’t find anything to solve my problem.

Do you guys have any idea of the cause of this problem ? Important point : problem appeared since I have changed my Lr version to CC…

Thank you so much in advance.

Hi Nicolas, welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the export settings to make sure you are exporting into the correct folder? Another possibility is that the Lightroom preferences have changed during the update.....in order for the Synchronize folder option to detect the exported jpegs, the option on the Preferences>General tab to "Treat JPEG files next to raw files" would need to be checked. Make sure that it is.

Do you know that you can set the export settings to do everything in one process, without having to then manually synchronize the folder? If you select the export destination as "Same folder as original photo", then optionally check the box to put them into a sub-folder of the original and type the name of the sub-folder you want (can be an existing sub-folder or LR will create it automatically if it doesn't yet exist), AND check the box to "Add to this catalog", then everything is done in one step.
Export_One_File.png

Hi Jim. Sorry for answering so late. Thanks to you I have just solved the problem by ticking the box in the preference menu. Not quite sure how it changed though. But thanks to your help I am all clear now. I'll check your tip as well for whole export process in one click. Thanks for being so clear and helpful Jim :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back