• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cannot start LR Classic CC 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umberto Cocca

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic CC 8.2 // 8.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi, I was running Windows 10 1806 with Lightroom Classic CC 8.2 without any problem. Of course it was not possible to run the "Enhanced detail" function, but I am not interested.
Finally my laptop received the update to 1809 so I installed it overnight, with a bunch of other updates. The result is that I was unable to start LR CCC. Got the crash report screen with the option to send to Adobe, which I did. Then I got a potential solution from Adobe saying that LRCCC is crashing on closing (which I doubt is the case).

I then used Creative Cloud to downgrade to LRCCC 8.1 and all works well. I rebooted the laptop and tried to upgrade again to 8.2, with the same result.

My temporary solution is to keep running 8.1, any suggestions?

Thanks for your support!
Umberto

I've heard a few reports of graphics card drivers getting rolled back when updating to 1809. Some have had success by just installing the latest graphics card driver from the manufacturer, and others have done better by uninstalling everything to do with their graphics card and then installing fresh from the manufacturer.

You nailed it Victoria! I did a fresh install of the video card drivers on my laptop and now I'm back to the latest update. Thank you so much!

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back