• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cannot remove photos from iPad/iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topgardenboy

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I have Lightroom Classic CC when I first started to sync some photos I synced all 8000 odd photos from 2017, then I started to put photos into collections and sync them. So I deleted both Lightroom apps from my iPhone and iPad and started afresh. But when I synced the collections on everything was fine, then back came the 8000 odd photos so I deleted the apps again but can’t get rid of these 8000 photos. I only have three collections on my desktop so I cannot understand how these photos keep coming back. Any help much appreciated.

It sounds to me as if you didn't remove the option to sync the files from the collection that you originally used to apply it to the 8000 images. When you do that it is supposed to remove all of the images from the server that are not in any other synced collection. Unsyncing the collection should also stop it from appearing in the mobile and web apps. You shouldn't need to uninstall the app from the device to clear the images, although it might take a little while to update removing some 8000 images.

Alan

All images that you've synced to the cloud from whatever source will always be downloaded to any of the LRCC apps. Removing and reinstalling won't change that.

In LR Classic, look in the Catalog panel (below the Navigator) for the All Synced Photographs collection, and check how many images are synced? Probably still showing those 8000+ photos. If you don't want those 8000 photos in the cloud, you can delete them from any of the LRCC apps (which removes them from the cloud, but not from LR Classic), OR you can remove them from the All Synced Photographs collection (which deletes them from the cloud, but doesn't delete them from Classic).

Unsyncing the collection should also stop it from appearing in the mobile and web apps.
No it doesn't. If you unsync a synced collection, yes the collection is removed from the cloud and all synced devices, but the photos still remain in the cloud and on the synced devices. If you're in Classic and want to remove photos from the cloud, and thus the other synced devices, you have to remove them from the All Synced Photographs collection (there is a message issued to this effect when you unsync a collection).

Thanks Jim I went to catalogue and deleted all synced photos it took a few minutes but got rid of them. Then I resynced all the collections and they went onto both devices perfectly. On the iPhone by the collections there are three boxes one blank telling you how many photos are in that collection then the next one has a tick in it with one by the side and the last one has a x in it and a 0 by the side, could you tell me please what they do? Thank you for your help

The tick box has the number of images "picked" in that collection, and the x box is the number of rejected images in that collection.

If you don't need that level of detail, a two-finger tap while in the main collections screen will revert the display to just the number of images in each collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back