• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cannot import, please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
When I click on the import tab there is an error message that comes up. Please see the attached. After that comes up , it does allow me to access a source, but no matter where the files are stored on my mac, they are not seen when in import in Lightroom.

How do I stop this error message, and how do I get Lightroom to recognize images to import?
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 8.33.12 PM.png

Welcome to the forum LR Classic 9 and Catalina are not entirely compatible. Both Adobe and Apple need to issue updates to correct the incompatibilities. If you notice, you have multiple instances of "MacIntosh HD" This is one of this bugs. Another is probably related to how Catalina is handling file/folder security. Or it could be that LR is giving you the correct answer "/2019/Q3" does not exist or has been deleted.
More can be inferred from the Destination Panel, Yours is hidden. Right click on any of the panel headers on the right and add a check beside the Destination form the list and provide another screen shot.

I did not notice the multiple HD's until you pointed this out. I now see this also happens in the destinations.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.37.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.38.49 AM.png

The error message is just informational. It means that the folder previously selected as the destination for the imported files does not exist anymore. This is most likely due to an upgrade (of your Mac) that changed the file path to that folder but could be caused by other things. Did you do an Operating system upgrade since this worked last? I'm betting you did. Once you get a successful Import completed, this error message should go away. However what Cletus said about Catalina and LR9 is important.

Yes, I did do an upgrade. So I guess I just wait it out until they fix the incompatibility bugs?
I have not tried importing from my camera as of yet. The only import I have done is from some files on my HD.
I will try that next.

Can anyone help me figure out how to work around this issue?

There is no issue. All that Lightroom is telling you is that it has selected your Pictures folder as the destination folder. If that is fine, then click 'OK' and start your import (after you have selected a source in the right panel). If that is not fine then click OK, select the folder in the right panel where you do want the images to go to and start the import (after you have selected a source in the right panel). The reason you couldn't import is that there is no source selected, not because of the error message.

Do you have a folder named "/Users/kevinsilva/Pictures/2019/Q3". Open finder and look for this folder. When you find the "Q3" folder, right click on it and use "Get Info" to check "Sharing and Permissions"
Report back with your findings

This folder does not exist in Finder. I do have ""/Users/kevinsilva/Pictures/2019" but no Q3.

Thank you Johan,

This issue is, after I click OK and then go to the source file to select for importing, Lightroom displays "no photos found". When looking at the same files with Finder, the photos are there. So, I cannot import because Lightroom is not showing my files.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 9.29.34 AM.png

Do you have a folder named "/Users/kevinsilva/Pictures/2019/Q3". Open finder and look for this folder. When you find the "Q3" folder, right click on it and use "Get Info" to check "Sharing and Permissions"
Report back with your findings
This folder does not exist in Finder. I do have ""/Users/kevinsilva/Pictures/2019" but no Q3.
Sharing and Permissions shows Read & Write

This issue is, after I click OK and then go to the source file to select for importing, Lightroom displays "no photos found". When looking at the same files with Finder, the photos are there. So, I cannot import because Lightroom is not showing my files.

That is an entirely different problem. I see you are using MacOS Catalina. Lightroom is not yet fully compatible and not finding images seems to be one of the issues. You need to make sure that Lightroom has access to the Downloads folder in the MacOS System Preferences - Security & Privacy. I can't show you a screenshot, because I decided not to upgrade MacOS until these issues were solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back