• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cannot Import Color Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsteveuk

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have Lightroom Classic version: 11.0.1 [ 202111111509-eae8952e ] (Windows 10) . It generally works OK, but cannot see Color Profiles. When select:
File > Import Profiles & Presets I just get a version of Explorer - I need to specify where the relevant file is. I suspect that it is not automatically showing me Profiles because I have partly moved Lightroom & Photoshop from C, which was almost full, to another SSD. (I used EaseUS, a really useful tool to free up space on C). So - apologies if this has already been dealt with, but I cannot find where - what file name(s) do I need to find to import profiles? Thanks.

Can you clarify what type of profiles they are? If they're ICC profiles, they need to be installed in the operating system rather than in Lightroom.

Thanks for responding. I know that ICC are hardware related profiles. I assumed Adobe had an import dialog of some kind planned to follow "File > Import Profiles & Presets " that related to editing - and I think I saw just such a dialog in a tutorial somewhere - that I cannot now locate. The good news is that what I was originally trying to do was use Tone Mapping - and I did not realise when I posted that it is accessed via Profile Browser. Original problem fixed. So - a follow on question - Profile Browser shows me "Artistic" "Modern" & "Vintage" profiles in Lightoom - I guess others are available somewhere - what should I be looking for?

There's additional profiles available for raw files in the same location. The ones for JPEGs etc. are more limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back