• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Cannot Download Photos From Nikon to Lightroom - No Photos Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtatl-mac

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic Version 9.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I am having a problem importing photos with Lightroom Classic 9.1. When I attach my camera (Nikon D750) via USB to my iMac (27 inch, late 2013 - Catalina 10.15.2) and select "import photos and video" the D750 shows in the sidebar of the import dialog but "No Photos Found" appears in the list window.

If I attach the card itself to the iMac via a card reader I see the photos and can transfer them to a folder on my desktop. The Lightroom Impost dialog still does not see them when pointed to the folder on my Desktop.

Through trial and error I determined that after running "Optimize Catalog" the Import dialog does see the files in the folder on my Desktop. It imports them all but shows an error that one file could not be renamed.

I checked the Security & Privacy settings and they are correct.
Any idea what is causing this and how it can be corrected?
Thanks

I believe I read about issues downloading from the camera. Not sure if it is the OS or LR. The recommendation was to use a card reader until this is corrected. Sorry I donor know a lot about this because I use a card reader. Only skimming while reading as this didn't effect me.

You need to first be sure that you are updated to Catalina 10.15.2.
The recommended method to import is to use a card reader and not use the camera as a card reader. The camera uses the camera battery for power and needs to be at full to half charge for performing the transfer. You have only so many recharge cycles on the battery before you need to replace it. Don't waste them transferring photos.

With the latest Catalina version, you should be able to import to LR from the card in the card reader. If you can't do that, then there may be some file security changes still in play. With Catalina Apple beefed up their file security and lots of Apps had to adjust to the new regimen. There could be a security issue with the camera as an attached device too. If not a security issue, then the card is self may be failing Try the import process using a different card. Which card did you use? SD/SDHC/SDXC?

On the renaming issue, Check that file to see if the new constructed name would cause a conflict in that folder or if the new constructed name would conform to the legal naming standards for Mac files.

I am having the same issue with my Canon 6D mark ll. I had not been out in a while and after taking some shots yesterday I was unable to load them from the camera into LightroomCC. LR recognized the camera, but gave me the "No Photos found" message. I switched to my backup camera and tried it, but the results were the same. I was able to load them to the hard drive using a card reader and take them into LR from there. I hear this is a problem with 10.15.2, but I haven't seen much written about it. Do we have to wait for 10.15.3 for a fix? Any help appreciated. thanks

I am having the same issue with my Canon 6D mark ll. I had not been out in a while and after taking some shots yesterday I was unable to load them from the camera into LightroomCC. LR recognized the camera, but gave me the "No Photos found" message. I switched to my backup camera and tried it, but the results were the same. I was able to load them to the hard drive using a card reader and take them into LR from there. I hear this is a problem with 10.15.2, but I haven't seen much written about it. Do we have to wait for 10.15.3 for a fix? Any help appreciated. thanks
Yes, this could very well be a problem that can only be fixed by Apple.

I have the same problem with my Nikon D850 and its XQD card not importing via the USB cable. I use latest updated versions of Lightroom and Catalina to a 2015 27 " iMac. Reluctant to blow £100 on a quality reader such as the Sony when the cable did fine for me.
I have for now got round the issue by importing via the cable to Bridge. But it was so much easier direct to Lightroom.

I had the same problem after updating to Catalina and was disturbed when I read all those comments here about others in the same situation. I did however find a solution and it is due to the security with Apple products that they do not allow programs to communicate with external sources by default. You have to manually allow LR to communicate with your camera (or something like that).
This worked for me so try it out:
Bring up the system preferences on you MAC, select the security and privacy icon and afterwards the privacy tab, scroll down to 'files and folders', make sure Adobe Lighroom and Photoshop have full rights.
IMG_0275.jpg

I have the same problem with my Nikon D850 and its XQD card not importing via the USB cable. I use latest updated versions of Lightroom and Catalina to a 2015 27 " iMac. Reluctant to blow £100 on a quality reader such as the Sony when the cable did fine for me.
I have for now got round the issue by importing via the cable to Bridge. But it was so much easier direct to Lightroom.
I got this one from Amazon for $20USD 【Upgraded Version】 Rocketek XQD Reader. XQD Card Reader: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics. I use it with my XQD card from my Z7 and Catalina 10.15.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back