• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Cannot create collection from a photo pin on the map

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi

There was an option to create a collection when right-clicking a photo pin on the map I used before.
Now I cannot get it to work.
Only option I get is "Add GPS coordinates to selected photographs".
Any idea what's causing this?

Thommy

This is the context menu I miss

1643663486581.png

That menu item only shows up if the pin has multiple photos. If the pin doesnt have a number on it (single photo) then the menu item doesnt show.

That menu item only shows up if the pin has multiple photos. If the pin doesnt have a number on it (single photo) then the menu item doesnt show.
Well, it doesn't help in my case. All pins have the same behavior and one option, see below...

1643699440394.png

I noticed that if I slightly move the cursor when right-clicking, it works most of the time.
Guess it could be a driver- or GPU issue.

I see the same thing you do. Move the mouse while right clicking works. Hold mouse still fails just like yours does. I reckon it's a bug.

Do Mac users see the same thing?

No problems on my Mac, but see the same issue on Windows. I agree that it looks like a bug.

I'm on Catalina and didn't know about this but have just tested it and it works fine, as long as there's more than one image, as previously mentioned.

John

I will send in a bug report :pigeon:
Thanks for all input.

Thommy

I noticed that if I slightly move the cursor when right-clicking, it works most of the time.
Guess it could be a driver- or GPU issue.
Same behavior here on my system with Lr 11.1 on Windows 10. Moving slightly the cursor while right-clicking makes the full contextual menu appear. Looks like a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back