• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

can we import MOV files in lightroom classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

grosloulou

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
classic (cloud)
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
hello,
i have some videos MOV on my iphone 8 i have copied to my win10 laptop.
vlc could read them but not win10 but google advised to purchase a microsoft codec and it works, thumbnails in explorer and viewing.
But lightroom classic doesn't want to import these videos.
I purchased PREMIER ELEMENTS and it works fine.
Any suggestion for lightroom import ?

note :
for future, i have now set my iphone to jpg/h264 instead of heic/mov

best regards
marc

You're right to set the phone to a more compatible format. With existing files, either wait (for who knows how long?) or convert those files to H264 - people have recommended HandBrake: Downloads to me. You might be able to use Premiere Elements to do the conversion. Just make sure you keep the originals because it would be easy to choose the more lossy conversion settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back