• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can someone explain what this alert mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
When I import photos from a folder on my hard drive, I get an alert symbol on that hard drive -- see attached screen shot. Can someone explain what it means? I click on the alert and nothing happens.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 3.42.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 3.42.54 PM.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 104
Not a Mac user and haven't seen this particular warning on my Windows machine, but I'm thinking a couple of potential causes

1) Photo Master drive is off line

2) You don't have enough permissions to that drive (should set "all disk access")

I’m a Mac user and have never seen that. Looks like it’s in the Import dialog box.
Does it display a tool tip when you hover the pointer over the red icon?

I’m a Mac user and have never seen that. Looks like it’s in the Import dialog box.
No, no tool tip, just the warning icon. This did not happen in previous versions of Lightroom.

Followed Califdan's suggestion to change the disk's permissions and the warning has gone away. This might also be due to upgrading the drivers for the disk.

When I import photos from a folder on my hard drive, I get an alert symbol on that hard drive -- see attached screen shot. Can someone explain what it means? I click on the alert and nothing happens.

Thanks
Hey David, I'm on a phone and can't see the other responses (a guru probably already told you), but I bet you a dollar thiis is a raid issue. This is one of the many reasons I don't do raid anymore! LOL. But easily fixable in this case.
But just out of curiosity, why are you using raid? How big is your data disk requirement? Are you running a pro shop and are shooting all day every day and can't afford to go down for a couple of hours? What raid array are you runninng and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back