• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Can no longer import photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

dspec01-aol

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
All of a sudden I can no longer import photos. When I try and import, the bar showing importing, just goes away? What should I do?

Always when LR is buggy, the first thing to do is reset your preferences. Google it to find out how to do it with your operating system.

Google it to find out how to do it with your operating system.
Or read page 495 of your Classic book - then you know it's reliable.

If that doesn't help, give some more details - these are on your local disk? SD Card (how connected)?...

Appreciate the responses. I tried to resetting preferences. Never got the dialogue box asking me if I wanted to reset. I did get all the little notes telling me what everything is. Also while I can see my files in the Library in Lightroom no images are showing at all.
I load my photos via a card reader to my hard drive. I then import them into Lightroom. I have been doing it that way for years. Am I going to need to reinstall Lightroom? If yes, what is the best way to go about it? Thank you

I don’t know what to say. I click on on different items in preferences. I rebooted my computer. I tried suggestions people provided. I was literally at my wits end when I looked and Lightroom was importing my images. The message saying No photos in previous import was gone. My images were back. I do not know what happened nor do I know why it is ok now. I thank everyone for their help. Oy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back