• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can mobile edits and raws be moved to desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveUK

Clive
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Desktop 8.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello. I have lightroom classic (desktop) subscription. I'm on holiday. I'd like to edit my photos using Lightroom mobile on my tablet. I know how to transfer the raws onto the tablet from my camera and add them into lightroom mobile and then edit them. But i'd like the raws and their edits (done on the tablet) to also end up on desktop pc. Or do they stay on the tablet?

When you get home, just enable Sync in your catalogue and Lightroom will handle the rest - your raw files and the edits will appear in the catalogue.

That's brilliant. Thank you John. So the raw files download too?
One other related question. On lightroom mobile on tablet, do i tick or untick "only download smart previews"

Before you enable syncing on your home system you might want to specify your own location and folder organization.

You can do this in the Preferences, Lightroom Sync tab. You can specify your own folder and one of the standard date based folder organization options, the same ones that are in the Import dialog.

These settings only effect images synced after it is set. So if you start syncing before setting it the images go into the default location.

-louie

Agreeing with Louie's point about the folder location. Also note that once files are downloaded into Lightroom "Classic", you can move them where you want.

I'd also suggest that you unsync the photos in Lightroom "Classic", either by removing them from All Synced Photos in the Catalog panel, by removing them or (temporarily) unsyncing the collection that they are in. This frees up space in the cloud and on your tablet.

Also remember that iOS first imports files into iOS Photos, so I always delete these files after I am sure the photos are in LrM.

That's brilliant. Thank you John. So the raw files download too?

Yes. For example, yesterday evening I took a bus home and imported 100+ raw files into LrM on my iPhone, looked at a few and made adjustments or pick/reject decisions. After dinner I opened Lightroom on my PC and the files started to download.

One other related question. On lightroom mobile on tablet, do i tick or untick "only download smart previews"

Tick it. You are currently importing the original raw files, so it's irrelevant to those files. It only matters when there are originals in the cloud, so for example photos taken with your phone and in LrM. You probably don't need to have those originals syncing down into LrM on your tablet, so you tick "only download smart previews".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back