• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

can I sync two catalogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesxd

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I have a default catalog in one machine which is synced with my mobile devices (cell phone) through the cloud . But my other catalog on my laptop won't be synced or could not see the shared collections. I searched solution before and it seems I have to close the other one in order to 'register' the catalog on my laptop. Any idea?

Welcome to the forum. You have discovered the Achilles heel of Lightroom Mobile. Adobe was very short sited to exclude Mobile laptops running a robust OS from the LR Mobile app. Lightroom Mobile runs only on Android or iOS devices. There can only be one catalog (at a time) that can be sync'd to LR Mobile Adobe needs to develop a Lightroom Mobile app for Windows or MacOS. If that were possible then you could sync a LR Mobil app running on your laptop with LRMobile collections in your Master Catalog.
The only workable solution is to use Lightroom for the Web in your laptop browser to have the same access to the images that are in LR Mobile sync collections on your master catalog.

Thanks Cletus for the information. I wonder if we could suggest adobe to modify the shared collection to be accessable or available across the catalogs.

LOL :).... How many more votes do we need in order to change the request to be a new feature???

I am thinking this would be a very important feature and has many benefits. And technically, as a programmer, I don't think it is that hard to realize.

LOL :).... How many more votes do we need in order to change the request to be a new feature???

I am thinking this would be a very important feature and has many benefits. And technically, as a programmer, I don't think it is that hard to realize.
Rikk,

Does this mean it's time for me to do another Top Ten list, this time for most wanted new or enhanced features?

Phil Burton

Time would be much better spent adding your vote to existing feature requests at the link above...

That said, I won't stop you.

Time would be much better spent adding your vote to existing feature requests at the link above...

That said, I won't stop you.
Rikk,

I'm not a Don Quixote. I've done additions to the existing feature requests and will continue to do so. However, I would like to see some sort of Adobe response, other than Sphinx-like silence.

Phil

Coming from an Adobe Revel background (pretty much LR Mobile's predecessor), in there you could have multiple Collaborative Libraries, so Adobe have a similar Cloud Based technology and have used it.

How this would work with LR Desktop is the hard bit I imagine.

Look at Mylio. It can do such synchs now, and if you use the image itself to transfer around data (like adjustments, metadata) then you don't need to synch the Lr catalog itself. And it's WAY faster than Lr Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back