• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can I stop Apple iphone camera app shots from syncing with LR and still sync the LR camera App shots to LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill.fischer5

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 4.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
Hi I have just started using the LR camera on my iphone 11 pro Max. I love it. I still use my Iphone camera app for a lot of quick shots. At present my camera roll and LR camera pictures are syncing to LR. I do not want to sync the Apple camera shots. I do whoever still want the LR camera shots to sync.

If you are wondering why I want to do this, let me explain. I use LR Mobil for the camera. I use LR desktop for some collections that my wife can help me process . I like to bring my Ipad to friends to show some of our albums on LR.

My workflow is to have all my photos end up in LRC. I like to tag and cull my Apple photos on my Imac the day of the shoot. when I have more time I prepare batches of photos to be put in LRC. To preserve the work I have done I need to export (usally as TIFF) and then import directly into LRC. This preserves my work if done carefully. (that is it's own topic). Because LR keywords do not sync down to LRC I have no need for them to go to the web at this time. It is easiest to let the LR Camera App shots sync to the cloud and then sync them down to LRC where they can be tagged and organized.

As I write this I am thinking of an alternotove workflow for my situation. I could stop all new photos from syncing from my Iphone and simply have the LR camera shots go onto my camera roll. (if that is an option). I would than do any tagging and culling on my Imac before Exporting and than Importing to LRC. three issues with this tact.
1. I do not know what exports and than imports with DNG files
2. this could take up a lot of space on my Iphone.
3. seems like a mofe awkward work flow to me.

Any help on this word be appriciated

Last edited:
in LrMobile, Settings > Import turn off photos, screenshots and videos. Then just the photos taken with LrM will sync.

This is exactly what I do. If I take a photo with my iPhone that I think is worth keeping, I’ll take it with the Lightroom built-in camera app. If I take a photo that I only need for a short while, I’ll take it with the Apple camera app. My camera roll is not synced to Lightroom.

in LrMobile, Settings > Import turn off photos, screenshots and videos. Then just the photos taken with LrM will sync.
Thank you Paul: I checked and I now have that setting on my Iphone. I have LR desktop on my wife's Imac and our Ipad. do I need to do anything to prevent them from auto importing photos.

That should do it, Bill. Lightroom won't import from other sources (Camera Roll) with those unticked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back