Can I sort by "Photo has Develop adjustments"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbeck

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've rescanned thousands of photos with new hardware to get better resolution than was used decades ago. I'm in the process of combining these rescanned photos into my master catalog and don't want to lose previous keywords and most edits (cropping, exposure, etc.). I've parsed out photos without keywords but some of this sub-set shows the icon "Photo has Develop adjustments".

I want also to eliminate these "edited" photos from the library of photos that I'll eventually replace. Can I parse out these edited photos?

The library filter allows you to filter a selection by "edited" or "unedited" status. A Smart Collection could also be used.

It is a Binary sort. {Has Adjustments (Yes|No)}. It has been my experience that Develop Adjustments are almost always applied on import and there are few if any images in my catalog that have no adjustments.

The library filter allows you to filter a selection by "edited" or "unedited" status. A Smart Collection could also be used.
Can't find edited/unedited in my version of Lr
It is a Binary sort. {Has Adjustments (Yes|No)}.

Okay. I needed to delete some global keywords and to develop a couple of collections (and color the subsets) but I think that I now have a usable population of photos to parse into my revised master catalog.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find edited/unedited in my version of Lr
Yes, my bad...forgot that the Library filter option was only added in LrClassic. The Smart Collection option does exist in Lr6.14 though.

Yes, my bad...forgot that the Library filter option was only added in LrClassic. The Smart Collection option does exist in Lr6.14 though.
Nope. Not really bad. I wasn't aware of the "smart collection" option or maybe have forgotten it. I used it and came up with 699 photos that have been edited. This contrasts with 1010 photos that I colored red as identified "adjusted prior to 12-27-2020". Go figure. I'll now try to determine the difference between the smart collection and my apples/oranges arithmetic. But there's no need for further wisdom from this forum on this exercise.

Thanks for your help. I love all the options in Lr and wouldn't like a change, but with the plethora of options comes the potential to become lost - which I had become. Thanks for your clarification - I'll remember it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back