can I publish read only to lightroom mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happygun

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I wish my wife to view some of my Lightroom photos / collections. Can I set up lightroom mobile on her iDevice and send collections for her to view read only?

I can't see a way, but you never know...

No, you have to trust her a bit more... :)

Lr Mobile is like Lr; it's an individual application for editing, not a sharing application. It could work all kinds of havoc if you try to use it this way, even if just inadvertently. And you'd both have to log in under one AdobeID.

There are bazillions of ways to share photos, and some allow some sort of collaboration (like she could rate them, etc). That would be a much safer way to go. The easiest would be to just make a collection sync via Lr Mobile for your use, and then make it public, and have her access it via the web, or maybe with a private link.

Agreed, the safeest way is to make collections public and let her view them using her iThing's browser.

A possible alternative is to "share" the collection from Lr Mobile. This will give you a URL which you can then access via a web page on the desktop or mobile device. It is a no-edit view which does not require a sign in unless you want to comment or "like".

Greg

Thanks all. its a shame I can't as it would solve a problem for me.

Both my wife and I take a lot of pictures on our iPhones. I use Lightroom as the master store of all pictures, so our iOS pictures get exported out of the OSX photos app and into Lightroom. I would like to be then able to delete all the exported photos from the photos app, and then view selected Lightroom pictures on our iOS devices, preferably via an app for offline use and usability.

Sadly, lightroom photos are not viewable by family at home. Through epic lack of interest by Adobe, they neglected to add a read only feature. This means there is no way I can let my daughter view the millions of pics I have of our family. I cant let her use the tablet app as one wrong click and the picture is deleted or ruined. The web option is usless because I have over 1000 "rolls". The web option gives you a url of one album, but no way to browse the rest, no way to search by the keywords I have spent days maintaining. LR is a disaster for our family - the photos are locked on my laptop, and there is no simple way to let family on the local lan view them. I dont want to make any of them public, and viewing via the web of 1TB of photos is not really a viable option either. Yes, I could spend days exporting the photos to external hard drives, then when I touch up some pics, have to export them all over again, but this is just too much pain.

Adobe, please, for the love of God, make a read only option or a dedicated tablet or laptop viewer which can see all the albums together in the right hierarchy, and ideally make it searchable by keyword. This is the only way to unlock 20 years of family memories.

Lightroom isn't the only way to make those photos visible to others. Are you interested in a solution, using something else?

If I threw all my family images to my lot they wouldn't bother looking I'm sure. I edit, cull and create a collection with only the best images. I then make an album in Google Photos which I can send to family all around the world. I don't see why that should be difficult.

You can use Flickr to do something similar. One option with Flickr is that you can create a private group (eg family members) and images can be restricted to that group. What can be useful is the ability to post comments / have a discussion. There is a short learning curve, but easily absorbed. You can specify in Flickr that images can / cannot be downloaded and you have control over size of images, etc..

I sometimes use this for local camera group mini excursions / shoot with me / projects. Works a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back