Can I make a collage in the print module to put 2 or 4 photos onto one 4x6 print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Chicken Soup

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Hi there. Hoping someone can help!

I often print smaller than 4x6 photos for scrapbooking and have been doing it by editing in Lightroom 3 then using Scribus to make a collage of eg two 3x4" or four 2x3" photos on one 4x6" jpg file. The trouble is that I don't think Scribus is colour managed (or I've not set it up right) and the resulting jpgs have lost some of their vibrancy - kind of negating the point of having edited them in the first place!

I've been looking about and realise that the print module within LR might be able to do the job. Hooray!

...but! I'm struggling to get it to do exactly what I want, and am not sure if I'm missing something! I've been trying to do it with the custom package, and have got a 4x6 layout set up, and I have put two 4x3" cells on, but when I put photos in them, they reduce to 2.68x4" to fit the whole photo in.

What I want to be able to do is to zoom into the photo and choose how to position it to make it fill the 4x3" cell. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

I used the custom layout option, and placed 7 photos on a 13 x 19" page. Doing it with a 4 x 6" is going to be rather difficult, it seems to me. There is no zoom capability in the print module.

Thanks. I saw that you can zoom in picture package, but then you can only have multiples of the same photo, where I want different photos. I'm not sure if single image/contact sheet could do it, but I got a bit lost with that one!?!?!

First crop your images to your desired ratio 4x3 then-
Start with your images selected, In Print module select "Custom Package", Do Page setup for your printer and 6x4" (15x10cm) paper. Your all good so far.!
Simply Drag each image onto the page. In the "Cells" panel- put a tick in "Lock to Photo Aspect Ratio", Resize the image by clicking on an image to move the image margins. Right Click the selected image to "Send to Back" or "Send Forwards" if images overlap.

6x4 Collage Lock to Photo Aspect Ratio.jpg

As alluded to your 4x3 cells are a different ratio to the images so you need to either crop them to 4:3 in the Dev Module (you could use a VC) or tick zoom to fill.

Ah, of course! Thanks so much I-see-light and Kiwigeoff! I hadn't thought about cropping them first, that will work perfectly, and a virtual copy is ideal.

Sorted! A bit of antipodean genius there!!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back