• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can I EASILY Migrate Back to Lightroom Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czrlr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am currently using Lightroom Classic CC but I'm very tempted to completely transition to Lightroom CC.

Let's say I've been using Lightroom CC and in the future, I decide I wanted to switch back to Lightroom Classic CC.
Is there an easy way to do this?

I have structured my collections as follows:
2016 Collection Set 1
01 Collection 1
02 Collection 2
2017 Collection Set 2
01 Collection 1
2018 Collection Set 3
01 Collection 1
02 Collection 2

There’s a couple of options, if that ever happened. You can turn on Sync in Classic and let it sync down from the cloud, but you’d be missing keywords, as Classic doesn’t sync keywords, and you’d be missing album folders (but the albums would sync). Or you could create a keyword for each album ahem, write the originals out to a folder with settings, and then import into Classic and recreate the album structure. Neither is great, so I’d suggest making your decision before moving, rather than after!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back