• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can I do this in Lightroom CC (v1.0)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clee01l

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Operating System: MacOS 10.13
Lightroom Version: LRCC1.0
Question or Description of Problem:There are a some of things that I would like to do to imported images in Lightroom CC. Some things like adding labels on import look to be beyond the scope of LRCC.
  • I would like to assign new imported images to an album like you can assign to a collection when I'm importing via Lightroom Classic. Or using the autoAdd function on an iPhone/iPad or Android device. Is this possible? If so, I haven't figured out how.
  • Can any Metadata be updates in Lightroom CC? I would like to Add Titles and Captions
  • How do I add keywords? I can add keywords on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to do that with Lightroom CC.
  • How do you view an image's metadata? How can I see what keywords are assigned to an image?
  • Is there anyway to assign keywords on import?
I'm beginning to think the Lightroom CC has less functionality than the other Lightroom Mobile apps on devices with less power that a computer or laptop.

This reminds me of version 1 of Lr Mobile. I was really excited by the potential, then the realisation of the most basic usability elements missing. The really disappointing thing was how long it took to get the rating feature. Hopefully, for this app the timetable will not be as drawn out.

Thanks for exploring these real world scenarios.

I would like to assign new imported images to an album like you can assign to a collection when I'm importing via Lightroom Classic. Or using the autoAdd function on an iPhone/iPad or Android device. Is this possible? If so, I haven't figured out how.
At the top of the import dialog, exactly in the middle, you can select an album.

Can any Metadata be updates in Lightroom CC? I would like to Add Titles and Captions
After you imported the photos you can by clicking the 'i' at the bottom right corner. I don't think you can do that on import for the whole batch.

How do I add keywords? I can add keywords on my iPhone, but I can't figure out how to do that with Lightroom CC.
Press the label icon at the bottom right corner.

How do you view an image's metadata? How can I see what keywords are assigned to an image?
Same as above. Keywords are the label icon, metadata are the 'i' icon.

Is there anyway to assign keywords on import?
I don't think you can.

Cletus, just be aware (if not already) that some metadata additions/changes (e.g. Titles, Captions, Copyright) will sync bi-directionally between Classic and LRCC, other stuff (Keywords, Location data) will not.

At the top of the import dialog, exactly in the middle, you can select an album.
My choices in the dropdown are "New" and "None" None of the albums that are showing in my LRCC Album list are present.

After you imported the photos you can by clicking the 'i' at the bottom right corner. I don't think you can do that on import for the whole batch.
Thanks for pointing this out. On a large screen, this becomes a remote area. I'm used to having menu items that tie to icons and vice versa. Wandering all over the screen clicking on grey on grey things to see what they do is not my idea and intuitive design. Wonder if this app would pass the requirements for visually impared?

Cletus, just be aware (if not already) that some metadata additions/changes (e.g. Titles, Captions, Copyright) will sync bi-directionally between Classic and LRCC, other stuff (Keywords, Location data) will not.
A flat keyword hierarchy is not as practical as a structured controlled vocabulary. And I can understand that until that happens in LRCC, LRCC keywords there are not very useful outside of LRCC

That's strange. I see all my albums.

View attachment 9989
So far LRCC has only sync'd 900 of 17,000 images that were migrated. My album list only shows the one Album created before the migration. That could explain why I don't see other albums in the drop down but I should see at least the one album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back