• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Can I change the location of LRCC Originals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklehnen

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Latest CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi all you helpful people!

I'm sure the information I need is somewhere in these pages already but despite searching I didn't find it.

I migrated my Classic library to CC and all went well. I kept my Classic photos on a second drive (well backed up of course), but CC just put them on my first drive which is not good in my eyes as the drive is lacking space now.

Question is, as I'd like to keep the originals for added safety, how can I move the location of this folder. Can I just set the desired path in CC settings and it will take care of the move or will I have to get my hand dirty and move the files myself?

I'm quite nervous about trusting Adobe with my originals and definitely want to keep them where I can touch them.

Thanks for helping out!

Can I just set the desired path in CC settings and it will take care of the move...

Yep, that's what should happen when you change the location of the locally stored originals. You probably realise now that you could have changed the location before you did the catalog migration and saved yourself the hassle.

Yep, that's what should happen when you change the location of the locally stored originals. You probably realise now that you could have changed the location before you did the catalog migration and saved yourself the hassle.

Thanks a lot Jim!

Yep - should have done that. As Forrest Gump said, Stupid is as stupid does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back