• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Can anyone reproduce this anomaly on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Manuel

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 7.4, Lightroom CC 1.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am using an iMac Pro running macOS 10.13.6.

I have an Adobe subscription entitling me to Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and Lightroom CC apps on iPhone and iPad. All Adobe apps are up to date.
These are the steps to re-create the issue I am having:
  1. In Lightroom Classic add a Graduated filter on the top right of an image. Exaggerate the settings for the filter so that it is very obvious.
  2. Create a preset with just the Graduated Filter option selected
  3. Add a Radial Filter on the top left of an image, again with exaggerated settings.
  4. Create a preset for this Radial Filter.
Both new presets will be saved as .xmp files in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings
  1. Open Lightroom CC
  2. Open the Presets pane, click the three dots at the top of the pane and choose Import Presets…
  3. Navigate to the Settings folder in the path above and import the two new Presets.
  4. Still in Lightroom CC, apply the new presets to an uncropped image with the same aspect ratio as the image on which the presets were created.
My experience is that the positions of the filters are mirror-reversed.
The filter created on the top right in Classic appears on the bottom left in LR CC.
The filter created on the top left in Classic appears on the bottom right in LR CC.

I am interested in whether anyone can reproduce this behaviour or do I have a problem that is unique to my system?

No, I can't reproduce, i.e. filters are positioned more or less correctly when applying in LRCC. The only problem I experience is if the image that is used to create the preset is already cropped, as "top-left" may actually be "centre" or somewhere else because the position of the filter when creating the preset is taken from the uncropped image.

Thanks for taking the time to test this issue, Jim.

I don't use LR CC for photo editing as such but it serves as a conduit to get my presets into Lightroom on my iPad where I do like to do some editing.

I'll just have to dig a bit deeper on this issue which I now know is localised to my system. Thanks again.

Issue resolved!
I uninstalled Lightroom CC then re-installed. No further problems.
Thanks again, Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back