Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I was not sure where to post this. I did a few searches. Some led to the Photoshop Family, other Adobe forms and still not clear. Why are there no Canon Colour matching profiles for CR3 files? There have been several cameras released and it has been over a year for a few. Only one has the profiles because they copied it from a CR2 sensor.

I know this may have may have be answered carefully if there is an answer at all. Not sure if this is a Canon or Adobe issue. A new Canon camera and maybe a few others will be released this year and I may get one. I really like my Canon colours so not looking to the prospect of not having access to them.

Good question. I've asked the same directly to Adobe but they have studiously avoided answering. My understanding, which is admittedly sketchy, is that there was a "problem" of some sort between Canon and Adobe which was preventing the profiles being developed, but that was a long time ago. I bought an M6 Mk II in September, and I'm still waiting. Difficult to imagine this won't be resolved by the time the R5 comes out, but who knows?

Last edited:
The recently released 1DX III doesn't have them either. I guess I'm lucky owing the R as it is the only one that has them. Kind of odd as I was under the impression Canon and Adobe were partnering to some extent. Not having access to them will be very very disappointing. It has been a long time with no progress so I won't be holding my breath. I'm not sure what to think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back