• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Calling All D3/D300 Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Farlow

Founder of Lightroom Forums
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Yes, all two of you! ;)

A few questions:

1. Did your camera come with Capture NX?
2. Did your camera come with Camera Control Pro?

I think I found the answer to the first one, which is yes (there is a serial number for Capture NX in the box, apparently). I still don't know about the second one.

Thanks.

Ian
I recently purchased the D3 and can confirm that mine did come with the Capture NX but the Camera Control Pro was not included.

I purchased the Camera Control Pro for my D2'' a year ago and assumed that Control Pro would work with the D3 - of course it didn't. I did contact Nikon, and they did say that they were to offer an upgrade - at a price - but as yet I have not seen the upgrade available.

Cheers
Phil

Yes, all two of you! ;)

A few questions:

1. Did your camera come with Capture NX?
2. Did your camera come with Camera Control Pro?

I think I found the answer to the first one, which is yes (there is a serial number for Capture NX in the box, apparently). I still don't know about the second one.

Thanks.

My D3'' came with Capture NX (which I already had bougth before). No CCP2.
In fact I am struggling with nikon now: I would like the WT4 but I think CCP2 is a tool that belongs to that thing (without CCP2 the WT4 seems to be nothing more than a remote control wich I already bought for €45).

Why do you want to know by the way?

I think nikon stands for good service (1 of the reasons I chose for that 1) but I know nikon non-camera- or glass-gear is outrageaous expensive.

Will stay with nikon: camera's and lenses are GOOD, and that is what counts for me.

I will have Nikon gear on the way soon, and wasn't sure if I should purchase CCP2 or not (not knowing if it was in the box).

Thanks!

I see the "what's in the box", inside the operation manual should say what comes with such camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back