Calling All D3/D300 Owners

Ian Farlow

Founder
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Yes, all two of you! ;)

A few questions:

1. Did your camera come with Capture NX?
2. Did your camera come with Camera Control Pro?

I think I found the answer to the first one, which is yes (there is a serial number for Capture NX in the box, apparently). I still don't know about the second one.

Thanks.

P

Philgworld

Ian
I recently purchased the D3 and can confirm that mine did come with the Capture NX but the Camera Control Pro was not included.

I purchased the Camera Control Pro for my D2'' a year ago and assumed that Control Pro would work with the D3 - of course it didn't. I did contact Nikon, and they did say that they were to offer an upgrade - at a price - but as yet I have not seen the upgrade available.

Cheers
Phil

wblink

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Yes, all two of you! ;)

A few questions:

1. Did your camera come with Capture NX?
2. Did your camera come with Camera Control Pro?

I think I found the answer to the first one, which is yes (there is a serial number for Capture NX in the box, apparently). I still don't know about the second one.

Thanks.

My D3'' came with Capture NX (which I already had bougth before). No CCP2.
In fact I am struggling with nikon now: I would like the WT4 but I think CCP2 is a tool that belongs to that thing (without CCP2 the WT4 seems to be nothing more than a remote control wich I already bought for €45).

Why do you want to know by the way?

I think nikon stands for good service (1 of the reasons I chose for that 1) but I know nikon non-camera- or glass-gear is outrageaous expensive.

Will stay with nikon: camera's and lenses are GOOD, and that is what counts for me.

Q

Quantum3

I see the "what's in the box", inside the operation manual should say what comes with such camera...