Calalog mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikecox

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
How do I sort out this mess. There are only 12 files in the Explorer "Worked" folder, but only 4 images display in the "Worked" folder in Lr which show a count of 9.

I just created this folder, and dragged 4 images into it;but I inadvertently dragged a file that Lr said was already there. Somewhere about that time the count displayed.

I Synced to folder but that did change the count.

attachment.php

Since I posted this it seems to have self corrected. I don't remember dragging those other shot but now they are displaying and I was able to delete them and the count is correct
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mess.jpg
    Mess.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 295
  • mess fixed.jpg
    mess fixed.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, the XMP files are sidecar files and are not images and of course will not show in the grid. They will show up as a sidecar file in the metadata panel for the CR2 filse of the same name. The files listed as "untitled..." are probably stacked with the original. In the LR menu choose {Photo}{Stacking...}{Expand all stacks} and this should expose the stacked images.

9 is correct, there are 3 x XMP sidecars which don't get counted.

But why only 4 thumbnails is possibly because you've got them stacked (difficult to tell as you have no thumbnail information showing, which would have helped). Try Photo>Stacking>Expand All Stacks to see if the missing 5 thumbnails appear.

Edit: Need to type faster.

OK, the XMP files are sidecar files and are not images and of course will not show in the grid. They will show up as a sidecar file in the metadata panel for the CR2 filse of the same name.[/QUOTE
Yes, I understand that part.

The files listed as "untitled..." are probably stacked with the original. In the LR menu choose {Photo}{Stacking...}{Expand all stacks} and this should expose the stacked images.]
Yes, stacking does seem to throw a monkey wrench into the works :crazy: It's something I tend to forget from time to time. I have the Sync Plug-in; I should have used it! Though I'm not sure in the case it would have mattered.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back