• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Calalog mess

mikecox

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
How do I sort out this mess. There are only 12 files in the Explorer "Worked" folder, but only 4 images display in the "Worked" folder in Lr which show a count of 9.

I just created this folder, and dragged 4 images into it;but I inadvertently dragged a file that Lr said was already there. Somewhere about that time the count displayed.

I Synced to folder but that did change the count.

Since I posted this it seems to have self corrected. I don't remember dragging those other shot but now they are displaying and I was able to delete them and the count is correct

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
OK, the XMP files are sidecar files and are not images and of course will not show in the grid. They will show up as a sidecar file in the metadata panel for the CR2 filse of the same name. The files listed as "untitled..." are probably stacked with the original. In the LR menu choose {Photo}{Stacking...}{Expand all stacks} and this should expose the stacked images.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
9 is correct, there are 3 x XMP sidecars which don't get counted.

But why only 4 thumbnails is possibly because you've got them stacked (difficult to tell as you have no thumbnail information showing, which would have helped). Try Photo>Stacking>Expand All Stacks to see if the missing 5 thumbnails appear.

Edit: Need to type faster.

mikecox

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
OK, the XMP files are sidecar files and are not images and of course will not show in the grid. They will show up as a sidecar file in the metadata panel for the CR2 filse of the same name.[/QUOTE
Yes, I understand that part.

The files listed as "untitled..." are probably stacked with the original. In the LR menu choose {Photo}{Stacking...}{Expand all stacks} and this should expose the stacked images.]
Yes, stacking does seem to throw a monkey wrench into the works :crazy: It's something I tend to forget from time to time. I have the Sync Plug-in; I should have used it! Though I'm not sure in the case it would have mattered.

Thanks

mikecox

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version