• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Built Lightroom to Premiere.jsx

thalesm

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Does anyone knows how to use this Adobe plugin in LR.
I couldn't find any information with adobe site and I have videos on my LR that would like to sen to premiere for editing.
From what I understood I can send a script to Premiere that will handle those movies that are inside Lr catalog. In Premiere I would have to import those scripts and this will import those files to my timeline. Is that correct? Because nothing is happening when I call the plugin

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Power User
See Lightroom To Premiere. After running the menu command, are you running the ExtendScriptToolkit as in these instructions?

thalesm

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello again,
It seems that there is a problem in installing the plugin.
Adobe extension manager shows that the plugin has being installed, but it does not show in Lr plug-in-manager. (so the .zxp file it's not working)

All the files that I looked on the web for the plugin download, and all seems to be .zpx; no zip file to extract with winzip, and as far that I know the zpx can't be opened with any unziping program. Only with AdobeExtension Mannager. So I can't manually install the plugin and using Adobe Extension Manager does not install the plugin in Lr.
So every instruction provided are not solving the problem.
I hope that someone here could figure out this problem and provide me with a solution.
Thank you in advance for any suggestion or idea.
Cheers

Lightroom Experience
Power User
In general, Extension Manager is irrelevant to Lightroom. All it's telling you is that the zip file is downloaded. Have you followed the installation instructions that are shown in your screenshot? And have you tried contacting the plugin author?

thalesm

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi again,
John, What you mean by "All it's telling you is that the zip file is downloaded "?
Where will be the zip file processed by Extension Manager?
Once I find the zip file (not the zpx) I can unzip it and move the folder to "Module" and it will be available in by Lr.
I also contacted the author and I'm waiting for an answer.
Cheers

Lightroom Experience
Power User
The Extension Manager was introduced for most Adobe applications other than Lightroom and allowed people to buy and install plugins via these zpx files. So it did the complete job that you might expect.

For a number of architectural and commercial reasons Lightroom was an exception, and EM cannot fully install plugins into LR. Nevertheless, Adobe still wanted to use EM as an "App Store" marketplace to handle the purchasing and downloading of LR plugins. Now, like most LR plugin authors I saw no benefit for me or users from this, so my knowledge is limited. I am unsure if EM downloads a zpx or a zip, but I think it does the latter and those instructions do refer to a zip. Inside it should be an lrplugin file, which you can put in Modules or install from another folder (using LR's plugin manager).

Do post back if the plugin author is no longer active. I often want to send videos from LR to Premiere Pro, so I might have some incentive to figure out how to do it with my OpenDirectly plugin or possibly an unreleased video metadata plugin.

thalesm

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hello again,
Thanks for keeping up this problem.
From what I discovered the problem resides in the Adobe Extention Manager CC
After downloading de plugin from Adobe I called Adobe Extention Manager CC and opened the Lightroom To Premiere_1.0.0.zxp.
The manager as you can see loads the file but when you go to modules in Lr nothing was copied to that place where the plugin should reside.
1568220793382.png

The problem is that AEM is the application that handles zxp files. Winzip don't open it.
If there is a zip file inside the zxp file I can't extract it and do a manual installation of the plugin.
In summary, AEM is the culprit in my opinion.
I got from a friend the full folder from his module location. zipped and unzipped in my machine and now the plugin appears in LR and it's working fine.
I also contacted the developer because I found that the plugin can not handle too many files at once.
We don't know yet if this problem comes from the plugin code or from adobe extendscript app.project.importFiles.
There is a limit of files that the plugin can handle at once (somewhere around 100 selections in Lr).
Do you have any idea from the adobe extendscript app.project.importFiles?
I'll keep looking but any input will greatly help for both problems AEM and the file limitation on the plugin.
Cheers