• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Building Canon/Fuji previews mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Hi,

Does anyone know why it takes LR so long to build Fuji previews (XT4 26Mp raw files) as compared to Canon R5 (45mp raw). The Canon files are much larger and yet building previews finishes a lor quicker (matter of perhaps 10-15 minutes for over 2000 files) whereas 500 Fuji files take forever (more than an hour).

PS. I just checked Activity Monitor on my Intel 10 core i9 iMac and it puts Lightroom at the top of the CPU list with over 1840 %CPU. It's too late now to check how high it was when it was rendering the Canon files but I bet it was dramatically lower.

Last edited:
What type of preview are you building: Standard, 1:1 or Smart?

Are the images already edited or unedited?

Standard. The images are unedited (they have just been imported from sd card). I can confirm that LR has now spent > 2 hours on the Fuji images and isn't even half way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back