• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Library module Bug? Lots of duplicate autocomplete items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lina

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi everyone.
Found strange behavious.
9u8g8wevhsd41.png

Does it work like intended?
How to clear this list?
And even more importantly - how to stop this field store every and each keyword that appears any time in my catalog?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome.

Look at where the catalog file is located, there's a file by it called catalogname Helper.lrdata - there can be a bug whereby this gets confused. Try deleting it (it keeps references to various details including folders) and see if this behavior changes.

it keeps references to various details including folders
Thank you! Yup, I saw this file.
Are there any drawbacks of deleting it? Will I lose something like items from catalog may be or something else?

Also, this behaviour (these duplicate items) isn't right, I believe?

Deleted it.
First all dupes disappeared. (YAY!)
But then, after I assigned tag to image, untag it from Keywords List, made "Purge unused keywords" and tried to tag again - two items of autocomplete appeared :cry:

after I assigned tag to image, untag it from Keywords List, made "Purge unused keywords" and tried to tag again - two items of autocomplete appeared :cry:
This bug has been acknowledged by Adobe:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...word-list-doesnt-remove-it-from-auto-complete
Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. This will make it more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Thanks!! Done all that.
Seems all that remains for now is to use this workaround and wait :dead:

Last edited:
What is your LR version ?
I had this problem and reported it, but since LR 9.1, I couldn't reproduce it. Looks like it's been fixed.

What is your LR version ?
9.1 Classic, as I noted at the very beginning.
If this bug is fixed, then why topic that @johnrellis wrote about isn't closed? More than that, there is one more user experiencing the same behaviour.
May be you just have done something (God knows what) that squashed this bug just for you?

Oh, btw, what build is your LR version? ("About Lightroom") Mine is 201911291132

Oh, btw, what build is your LR version? ("About Lightroom") Mine is 201911291132
My build is the same. When I discovered this problem, I fixed it by removing the bad entry in helper.lrdata where the suggested list is kept. I was then abla to reproduce it every time so it was a fixed bug.
Now, I can no longer reproduce it. Each time I remove a keyword, it is removed from the suggested list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back