• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Bug: full screen doesn't show crop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JML

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 10.0
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
When I crop a photo and go into full screen mode ("F"), the latest version does not show the cropped version, it shows the original. This happens only in Develop mode. When in library mode, it properly shows the cropped version. Once in the library module, if I go back to DVLP, it now also shows the cropped version correctly. Until I change the crop.

This is consistent, used to work just fine before 10.0. Can anyone reproduce that?
Windows 10, latest everything.

Jurgen

I've tried but I always get the cropped version when I switch to full screen. I can't offer an explanation for why you are getting the uncropped version.

I should have added that I have a friend who experienced the exact same problem, he runs on Mac.

Also, the sequence of actions is important:
* Go into crop mode, crop the image.
* Without doing anything else, press F for full screen display, it shows the uncropped version, not the cropped version
* Press G to go into Library mode, press F and it correctly shows the cropped version
* Press D to go into DVLP mode and press F, it correctly shows the cropped version. Switching modules resets the bug.
* Crop differently and the problem repeats.

Jeremy, I've tried both ways. Image to Dev, Set crop, enter to except, press and get full screen crop. Another image to Dev, set crop, press F and get full screen crop.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a GPU glitch. Jurgen, Have you tried turning off GPU acceleration to see if the problem goes away?

Ed, my question was for JML. I wondered whether the problem arose if the crop tool was not closed. I have not tried as I am not in front of my computer.

Hi Jurgen,

I've tried a few things in Lightroom on Windows 10. I have replicated your problem now. If you simply crop and then go straight to full screen (even after closing the crop tool), it seems the crop is ignored. However, if you make any other adjustment after cropping, then press "F", the cropped picture appears. It makes no difference if the GPU is on or off. I can't say it worries me greatly as I don't often go to full screen during my editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back