Not open for further replies.

Samoreen

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi,

Here's how to reproduce (Library module):

1. Change the View Options if necessary in order to add the folder name to the thumbnail in Grid View.
2. Drag and Drop an image to another folder.
3. Select the target folder.
4. The thumbnail of the newly added image still displays the folder name of the source folder.

However, in Loupe mode, the folder name is correct and the metadata panel also displays the correct folder name in both cases.

To fix the problem :

- Relaunch LR
- or Temporarily switch to the Develop module
- or Temporarily change the image rating

Reported 7 months ago on the Adobe feedback forum and still waiting for a fix.

We can complain all we want, but what Adobe want to do and what we as users and customers would like Adobe to do are two parallel universes. I have put a lot of effort to try and get bugs and usability features dealt with since Lr's first beta via official and popular Lr sites. It is like banging your head against the wall. I have given up .... and rate Adobe as my least favoured supplier as a result .... but I still use Lr and PS.

I really wonder what's the point of continuing this discussion here. This is not a forum managed by Adobe, so even though there may be one or two forum members who happen to work for Adobe, nobody here can do more than express their personal opinion, and nobody here speaks on behalf of Adobe. All you can do here is blow off steam, but it won't change anything.

Yes. But what is wrong with this "highest priority - first out" approach is that bugs considered as minor have no chance to ever be fixed. I always advocated a double "top down - bottom up" approach : a part of the team handles the most urgent problems while the other works on the oldest. Yes, this implies adding some resources to the maintenance team - although I'm not absolutely sure that this would be necessary - but that's exactly what we are expecting from a company making so huge profits and who has made so many promises when enforcing the CC subscription model.
Samoreen,

As someone who has had to make these decisions about which bugs get fixed and which do not, there can be a lot of subjectivity, so companies create "rules," to organize bugs into "priorities." For example, how many people affected, how much is functionality reduced, is there an effective workaround and how difficult or effective is that workaround?

I have never encountered "length of time" as a criterion. In some ways, that might be counter-productive. Let's imagine that there is a bug that affects only Lightroom 2 running on Windows XP. In the year 2016, is that bug worth fixing?

The world where there are enough engineers on the team to fix every single outstanding bug on a product of any degree of complexity - that world does not exist. Anywhere. Never has. Probably never will. Same applies to new functionality. I will cite custom XMP metadata as an example. You can search this website for all the discussions on this topic.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back