• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Broken Link Between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanM72

Jan
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic version 8.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am unable to edit Photo in Photoshop from Lightroom. I have the latest versions of both. I am running the latest version of Mojave on my iMac. I know there was a problem if Photoshop was not running. But I first start Photoshop then Lightroom. When I pick a photo for further editing in Photoshop, press Command-E or go to Photo/Edit in/Edit using Photoshop 2019, I am then taken to the Photoshop Start Display. This is a new issue and seems to be since I upgraded to the latest version of my Adobe products, but may have occurred after updating Mojave.

The problem with Photoshop not running was a different, and Windows only problem. Are your images on a NAS by any chance? There is a problem with that.

I also use a Mac and occasionally when I click to edit in photoshop the program opens to the home screen but the image does not open. I think this is a random occurring bug.

The problem with Photoshop not running was a different, and Windows only problem. Are your images on a NAS by any chance? There is a problem with that.
Thank you for your quick response, Yes the images are on a NAS. Is there a work around?

Problem solved. I obviously need to work on my search skills.
Thank you for your excellent help.
Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back