• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Bring forward my Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Valentine

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 6 standalone
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello again friends.
Earlier today I did some work in Lr. When I exited, I backed up my work. I reentered Lr and tried to move some Images around. Somehow Lr gave me a prompt that I should be working in xxx Catalog. I went along with it ..it took me to an earlier Catalog. I know this because the images I’ve been working on for the past two days were not there. I immediately exited and skipped the Back up option.

Now I am here. How do I get Lr to bring back the Catalog that I backed up this afternoon that had the images I ke been working on over the past two days....I am a beginner...I have Lr 6, the standalone version. My computer has Windows 10 home edition.
Thank you for your patience....

First, your images are not 'in' Lightroom so they will be save.
Second, do you know where your catalog supposed to be? You could navigate to that location and start lightroom by doubleclicking the .lrcat file
Normally you don't have to restore a backup for this but when the catalog is not there or corrupt it will be the next step.

First, your images are not 'in' Lightroom so they will be save.
Second, do you know where your catalog supposed to be? You could navigate to that location and start lightroom by doubleclicking the .lrcat file
Normally you don't have to restore a backup for this but when the catalog is not there or corrupt it will be the next step.
How could I begin to navigate to the location? Right now I am not sure I know where the Catalog could be. Thank you for your patience.

It would be nice to know what that message really said, because I have never seen a message where Lightroom tells you that you should use a different catalog unless the catalog it tried to open is corrupted...

The default location of your catalog folder is inside your Pictures folder. The catalog file has the .lrcat extension, so look for files with that extension.

How could I begin to navigate to the location? Right now I am not sure I know where the Catalog could be. Thank you for your patience.
If you can't find that folder, just do a search. If you are on Windows, open up the C: drive icon and type in "lrcat" in the search box at the top right of the window showing the folders in C:. If you are using a Mac, sorry I can't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back