• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Both Impromptu Slideshow and slideshow from Slideshow module not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Cicchine

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello,

When I try to make an Impromptu Slideshow the window that shows that it is prepairing the images opens and seems to work ok then only the Identy Plate with my name shows and nothing else happens. I also tried to make a slideshow quickly in the Slideshow module but still no slideshow. I just created a user template for a black background as well as a white one because it seems that after I upgraded to the Creative Cloud my slideshow background was not black any more. I am also doing a backup to Backblaze at the same time. Perhaps that's why the slideshow will not render? Just a thought. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks to those who have helped me in the past. I Truly Appreciate it.

John

The slideshow module, IMO, has been flakey for a long time. I've generally been able to do it by, for want of another word, changing things around. Run the real one first, change the monitor selection in the real slide show then try the impromptu, build 1:1 previews first (or build standard previews first), close lightroom and re-open. I have found no pattern to what gets it working again, and (worse) no pattern to how you can reliably reproduce the problem, since then maybe Adobe would fix it. Note I'm on windows so not even sure my experience mirrors yours. Maybe someone who knows Mac can help.

Hi Ferguson,

Thank You Very Much for your help. From what research I have been able to do online so far there appears to be quite a few individuals having the same problem. Both on Windows and Macintosh computers. I guess I will see what anyone else finds here or what I can find and of course post it on this Forum. Other than that we can just hope that Adobe comes up with a fix and perhaps I will purchase software specifically designed for slideshows. Once again thanks for your help.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back