• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Borders/Frames on export

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukka1-me

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I would like to be able to auto frame plus watermark on export. I can't get the LRMogrify plugin to install, are there any alternatives?

Screenshot 2022-10-03 at 09.25.22.png

1. Where did the file LRMogrify2_log.txt come from? At some point, did you see "LR/Mogrify 2" appear in the left column of File > Plug-in Manager (contrary to your previous screenshot) and then you clicked Save Diagnostic Log To File in Plug-in Manager? Please copy/paste its contents here.

2. Your Get Info screenshot shows you downloaded the most recent version and its size corresponds to the size I see on my system. But try deleting the version on your Desktop and redownloading it, just to triple-check nothing happened to your download:
https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

3. The screenshot above shows you hadn't actually selected "LRMogrify2.lrplugin":

1664822200597.png

If you don't select it, LR will still let you click Add Plug-in, and you'll get that error message. So triple-check you select LRMogrify2.lrplugin before clicking Add Plug-in.

1. Where did the file LRMogrify2_log.txt come from? At some point, did you see "LR/Mogrify 2" appear in the left column of File > Plug-in Manager (contrary to your previous screenshot) and then you clicked Save Diagnostic Log To File in Plug-in Manager? Please copy/paste its contents here.

2. Your Get Info screenshot shows you downloaded the most recent version and its size corresponds to the size I see on my system. But try deleting the version on your Desktop and redownloading it, just to triple-check nothing happened to your download:
https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrmogrify2.php

3. The screenshot above shows you hadn't actually selected "LRMogrify2.lrplugin":

View attachment 19379

If you don't select it, LR will still let you click Add Plug-in, and you'll get that error message. So triple-check you select LRMogrify2.lrplugin before clicking Add Plug-in.
Many thanks for your help. I downloaded the plugin direct to desktop and it's installed correctly!

Glad you got it resolved. But it's not clear what had gone wrong -- must have been the phase of the moon.

I usually download to an external drive, the only theory I have is that it somehow changes attribute?
I think that could potentially cause a problem only if you hadn't correctly granted LR Full Disk Access, which you said you had already done.

I would like to be able to auto frame plus watermark on export. I can't get the LRMogrify plugin to install, are there any alternatives?
I have been using LRMogrify for years to add a frame and signature etc to my images a hard disk publish service. It has stopped working since one of the upgrades during version 11 and I waited for 12 of LR Classic to see if its fixed but sadly the same issues.

An unknown error occurred. This photo was not rendered (1)
I have installed the latest image quick ImageMagick-7.1.0-54-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll.exe
But no difference - export fails. I use Mogrify to add a white border, keyline to my images on export so having to do this now via photoshop, which is time-consuming and manual, rather than a publishing service and using Mogrify.
I have even tried just running the export without adding borders so just the LRMogrify/Image Magick clicked and it still produces the same error.
If anyone can help or is also having issues i'd be keen to hear from you

Screenshot 2022-12-12 152902.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-12 152959.jpg

I have been using LRMogrify for years to add a frame and signature etc to my images a hard disk publish service. It has stopped working since one of the upgrades during version 11 and I waited for 12 of LR Classic to see if its fixed but sadly the same issues.

I have installed the latest image quick ImageMagick-7.1.0-54-Q16-HDRI-x64-dll.exe
But no difference - export fails. I use Mogrify to add a white border, keyline to my images on export so having to do this now via photoshop, which is time-consuming and manual, rather than a publishing service and using Mogrify.
I have even tried just running the export without adding borders so just the LRMogrify/Image Magick clicked and it still produces the same error.

View attachment 19965
View attachment 19966
Are you on Mac?

What happens if you try to export that specific file without using Mogrify, i.e. just doing a standard hard drive export? That error message looks more like a Lightroom-issued message rather than a Mogrify-issued message.

Have you tried doing a Mogrify export using different source images, i.e. not a PSD file? Does it work or not?

What happens if you try to export that specific file without using Mogrify, i.e. just doing a standard hard drive export? That error message looks more like a Lightroom-issued message rather than a Mogrify-issued message.

Have you tried doing a Mogrify export using different source images, i.e. not a PSD file? Does it work or not?
Yes tried a normal export and when not using LRMogrify it works fine. Have also tried doing it in all file formats available in export and it fails with the same message. However have just tried something else. Export using mogrify but only the option to Resize Dimensions turned on and it did say failed to run and created the log file on the desktop which said....

The system cannot find the path specified.

The error occured when trying to run this command:
""C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.1.0-Q16-HDRI\magick.exe" mogrify -virtual-pixel mirror -depth 16 -strip -type TrueColor -quality 100 "C:\TEMP\LR-2.jpg" 1> "C:\Users\alan\Desktop\LRMogrify2_log.txt" 2>&1"

So i am guessing, literally, there is something wrong with the installation of ImageMagick - now how to fix it?

Update - I sorted the path-specified error by uninstalling ImageMagick, reinstalling it, and checking it was listed in the environment path on windows.
I then ran just a normal export on an image from its source folder rather than using a publish service configured with LRMogrify to add borders.
Weirdly the export from the source folder worked fine and I could add borders, signature, watermarks, resize, compress and all the other features of LRMogrify.
I created a new publish service and set up identical LRMogrify options and added the same image file - ran publish and got the same error I started this thread with "Unknown error occurred - this photo was not rendered"
I then found another thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...1-5-publish-service-doesn-t-work/m-p/13146838 and it confirmed my same experience that since 11.4.1 of LR Classic this plug-in hasn't worked. The only workaround I can see for now is to roll back LRC to 11.4.1 until Adobe decide that this functionality should really be included in the core product anyway.

What version of LrC are you using currently? If it's 12.0.1 or the latest 12.1, be aware that rolling back to 11.4.1 is not that straightforward given that the V12 catalog is not backwards compatible with older versions.

Also, waiting for Adobe to add the Mogrify functionality to LrC might be a very long wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back