• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book module woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gYab61zH

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

I am an experienced book module user, having made dozens and dozens of books over the years, but after my recent switch to Classic a few months ago, nothing works when I am trying to create a new book. In fact it is so bad I do not even know where to start describing it. I started as usual putting a (Blurb: Large square) book together. Cover pages, several other pages when all of a sudden the picture text would resort to a different font and colour. I changed it back to white and continued adding new pages. When I restarted the book the next day all the new pages were blank and the two pages causing the problems with the font had resorted back to red. The pictures belonging to the missing pages were still marked as having been used though, but the pages on which they were supposed to appear were blank. Than after another restart all images had suddenly disappeared and the two pages with the wrong font had resorted to the wrong colour (and also the wrong position on the page).

So I started a new book, assuming the one I had been working had become corrupted. I added some pages and had similar font problems. I switched back to the first book that had given me problems to check a text and went back to the new one. It was now completely empty, despite me having saved it under a new name previously. I have never ever encountered this problem in LR before. I have enclosed a screenshot of the old book (the new one only has blank pages as if no page had ever been added). Does anyone have any idea what might have happened?

PS. I am on Classic 8.0 on Mojave.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 23.26.37.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-10-23 at 23.26.37.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 212
I could not solve this problem, so what I eventually ended up doing was delete the book and the other books I had created based on the same folder. Quit LR and restart and start a new book. This book has so far behaved as expected.

It just happened again in a new book I started and this time I may have a suggestion when it happens. Just like the last time I had started a new book and then discovered it was set to Landscape when I wanted the Square format. I changed the format added some pages, came back to it later and found the pages I had added earlier were gone. I guess I shall have to delete it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back