Book Module Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodapop

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Can you uploat a book to be printed to places like Walgreens etc, if so, what is the procedure?

Thanks

soda

Sodapop - A quick look at the Walgreen's photo book tool and it appears that you need to create your book using their online tools. One option is to create a collection of images you want to put in your book and export them to your hard drive and then upload them to Walgreen's. You can then use their online tool to create your book.

Another option is to create a custom print template using the page dimensions you will use for your photo book. You can then drop the images you want into your custom print layout and print to JPEG. This can be used as a full page image in your book, even though you will have multiple images on the page. I've used this a few times when creating custom book pages for Blurb books. Photoshop has all the tools you need, but if you don't have Photoshop, the Lightroom print module will get the job done.

Thanks
I figured that. I would prefer to use the Lightroom 5 book module rather than thw Walgreen one. Guess I will just stick with Blurb. They did a nice job for me several times and I was just looking for an alternate-quicker way to have a book printed.

Sodapop - A quick look at the Walgreen's photo book tool and it appears that you need to create your book using their online tools. One option is to create a collection of images you want to put in your book and export them to your hard drive and then upload them to Walgreen's. You can then use their online tool to create your book.

Another option is to create a custom print template using the page dimensions you will use for your photo book. You can then drop the images you want into your custom print layout and print to JPEG. This can be used as a full page image in your book, even though you will have multiple images on the page. I've used this a few times when creating custom book pages for Blurb books. Photoshop has all the tools you need, but if you don't have Photoshop, the Lightroom print module will get the job done.

Blurb does a great job and I have used them on several book projects - The LR book module has some very handy tools to make book creation easy. If you want to create a page that looks a little different than the others, give the print module a try - It can make some interesting page layouts that you can put into your book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back