• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! New cameras (including the Canon R5/R6), lens profiles and bug fixes, and the ability to disable built-in lens corrections for specific new cameras. Here's the usual list

Book module: Publishing to Blurb... layflat conversion?

Bob_B

Deniably Plausible
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
5.x
Operating System:Win7-64
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):5.7

I recognize that the Book Module in LR5.7 does not offer to print a lay-flat book using Blurb. My question is there a way after uploading to Blurb to convert your book to a lay flat format without having to essentially start from scratch using Blurb's editor?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob_B

Deniably Plausible
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
5.x
After going through their help sections, which are not all that helpful, the answer is yes you can, but with some difficulty and restrictions. I haven't tried this, but it appears you can convert your project (once loaded on their website) from 'bound' to 'lay flat' with a max page limit of 110. Don't hold me to that number; it's around 110. For me, the effort to convert my book, after spending four, long months on it and its format, is simply not worth the time and frustration.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Interesting, thanks for sharing the info Bob. I wonder if you could simply export your pages to JPEG format, and then add those pages to their editor as an alternative. It's probably still too much hassle though!