Book module changing default font

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrisi

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
I really prefer to use Times New Roman as my default font in my writing, and so would like to use that though out my Blurb books. But I cannot find a way to change the default font from within LR5. I can add it to my "Favorites" list in the book module, but I still have to change to that font every time I add a page.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Don

I don't think you are missing anything, Don. Book has some good aspects, and some which are remarkably fiddly.

I am not sure what you mean by "Favorites" - exactly which feature is that? - but in general the font seems to stick to the last one you applied. I'd recommend you save fonts as "presets" in the Type panel, as these presets can then be included in an Auto Layout panel preset. This is a great way to set up your own default style and to start new books with a usable initial layout, instead of dragging pictures one by one. I start all books this way.

But it can still be awkward if you experiment with another font and I'm never totally confident that all my text is my favourite Gill Sans. So at some point when I'm reviewing the book I usually select all the text boxes and make sure they are my preferred font. Selecting text boxes is damn fiddly, and even worse when you want to select all the text throughout the book. My trick is switch to Book's grid view and then use Ctrl Alt A (Edit > Select All Text Cells), then review the Type panel. A bit after the event, but still handy to pick up before they go to Blurb.

Hope this helps

John

John,

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion about Ctrl Alt A will work until Adobe gets around to making it possible to change the default font. Darn frustrating, though. The program does so much, but it's the little things that are missing that makes one crazy.

The "Favorites" -- Under "Type," hover over the font name. A tooltip will appear that says, "Select a font for your test. Right-click the menu to add or remove favorite fonts." Click. Choose a font. After you've chosen a font, right-click on your font's name, and a menu will appear. One of the choices will be "Add to Favorites," and the other will be "Clear Favorites." After you add a font to your Favorites, it'll appear there (with your other favorites) whenever you right click on the font bar.

Clip.jpg Clip_2.jpgClip_3.jpg

Again, thanks for your help. It's truly appreciated.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back