Book Module Caption help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbcamera

I'm trying to create a book in LR 5 and need some clarifications on a few issues.
1) I created a 4 photo layout from the predefined layouts. Then I dragged 4 photos to the layout. Right clicked and unchecked zoom photo to fill cell for each photo. I then checked the box for photo text, set it to caption, offset 30 and align with photo and below for each of the 4 photos. Then right clicked on the layout to save as a custom layout. When I use this custom layout it remembers not to zoom to fill cell but the setting to add photo text isn't saved in the custom layout. Am I doing something incorrectly or is that setting not saved in the custom layout?
2) Does it matter if I use Caption or Title for the info I want add to the pictures automatically?
3) Can I tell LR to use my custom layout with the autolayout feature?
4) Is it good workflow to create a collection of pictures to be used in the book and from the collection click book module and then save book?
5) I can't select all the pages in multipage view Ctrl E then Ctrl Alt A to select the photo text and adjust all the offsets to be the same.
Sorry if these are basic question but I want to be as efficent as possible in creating my book, so I don't have to fix each picture and page. Thanks.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi wbcamera, sorry for the delay - I needed to double check a couple of things when I got back to my computer.

1. Correct - PAGE text is included in custom templates, but photo text isn't.

2. Nope

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. It's working for me....

Lightroom Experience
Power User
re 4, this is exactly what I do, and I often spend quite a lot of time with this collection before creating the book pages. One thing I do in it is group pictures using stacks - each stack corresponding to a section of the book. If I don't do that in the collection, I'll create the book collection but then go back to Library and do similar stacking in the book collection. Because I'm doing this before I really get into laying out pages, I find it really helps improve the story or structure.

Hope that helps

John

Status
Not open for further replies.