• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book Module adds extraneous photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottBA

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Operating System:MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Classic CC v. 7.1

The Book Module is adding extraneous photos to my saved book catalog.

I successfully created/saved and printed my 1st book in Lightroom. It had 286 photos and I thought I knew what I was doing.

Now that I am attempting to create a 2nd book, I find that these same 286 photos are automatically added to the "Newbook" catalog item, no matter what I do. Very frustrating.

For example, I select a 10 photo catalog to work with in the Library module, go to the Book module, add 1 of the new photos to a new book (being careful not to highlight the prior 286 photo saved book), save the book after choosing "include only used photos", and find that my "Newbook" has 296 photos saved with it. It makes it very difficult to work with the preview list in the book module, as I am constantly having to sort through the 286 prior photos that have nothing to do with the new book!

What am I doing wrong? or ... is this a new feature of Lightroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back