Blurry Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomp

When I go to import my previews not sharp. I am not sure why, but it sure would be nice to not import those photos that I can tell just won't work. Because my previews are blurry I have ended up importing everything which makes for a bit of extra work.
Any thoughts?

Those are the embedded jpegs in the files themselves. Which camera do you have - perhaps the camera is embedding a jpeg that's just too small. How big are you wanting to see these previews? Are we talking about the thumbnails in the import dialog?

I also find the thumbnails in the import page too blurry to be useful. For that reason I browse my card reader with Breeze Browser Pro, mark the ones I want to download to the HD and tell BBP to send them to LR where the are loaded to the import dialog. I don't even look at the blurry previews, just click "Check all" and set my destination folder info.

[quote author=Victoria Bampton link=topic=8976.msg6'456#msg6'456 date=1263976375]
Those are the embedded jpegs in the files themselves. Which camera do you have - perhaps the camera is embedding a jpeg that's just too small. How big are you wanting to see these previews? Are we talking about the thumbnails in the import dialog?
[/quote]

Victoria,
I am using a Canon 4''D (Rebel XTi). Yes, I am referring to the thumbnails in the import dialog. I am new to Lr and trying to get off the ground with a sound import method and trying to use keywords as my main organizational tool.

I took a look at my import preferences and here is what is checked:
Preferences (Import)
-show import dialog when memory card detected.
-ignore camera-generated folder names when naming folders.
-treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos.
File Extension=dng
Compatibility=camera raw 5.4 and later
JPEG Preview=full size

Embed original raw file is not checked.

I am also posting a question in the general discussion section asking for help regarding how to best import from a CF card to a folder and then importing my photos from my main folder into Lr.

I just purchased your Missing FAQ book and it looks like it will be very helpful...just need to get started. :)

Yeah, I'd say the import dialog is probably not the best place to be evaluating which photos to import - the thumbnails are only really useful to separate up shoots. I'd import the lot and sort from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back