Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
In my new job, I must blur out faces of some of the people we work with to protect their identity. Is this something I could do with a brush in Lightroom or do I need to do that in Photoshop? I rarely use Photoshop (although I have the CC subscription that includes it) but I'm sure it would be able to do it if there isn't a suitable approach in Lightroom.

You can do a certain amount of blurring by using the Adjustment Brush with its Sharpness slider dragged to the left (set to a negative value). If that's not enough, you can also drag the Clarity slider to the left. If you need a better blur than that, it's time for Photoshop.

A third option is to use Exposure to make the faces very dark or overexpose them. With these three settings it should be possible to avoid Photoshop and do this in Lightroom.

Some more options, in addition to the above, are to put noise reduction to 100 and try contrast at -100.

And don't forget that you can right click on the adjustment pin and select 'duplicate' - several times, if needed.

The problem with that trick is that the pins can get stuck on top of eachother. I prefer to copy by ctrl/cmd click and drag.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back