Bent_Rider

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, everyone. I hope I can explain this adequately. I have Lr 5. This is referring to Library module. All my pictures are in my E drive, and all the folders are dated by the month and the year I took the photos. And yet, some of the folders are not highlighted, and they have a question mark inside them. For example, January 2016 through October 2016 are all not selected nor highlighted. And yet they contain photos in those folders. What can I do to put them back in order?

A question mark indicates that the file is not where LR was told it was originally placed at the time of import. Did you happen to move these photos that are marked?

--Ken

Use Explorer-Finder to move them back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The folder names and file locations need to be exactly as they were for LR to think that all is OK. If that is not possible, you will need to help LR find the new locations for the files. I recommend the former if at all possible. In the future, you should move files from within LR to avoid this issue.

--Ken

I have LR 5. I don't see an Explorer-Finder in the Library or Catalog module. I do see Navigator on the top left.
Thanks, Ken, but I don't know how to help LR to find those files.

I have LR 5. I don't see an Explorer-Finder in the Library or Catalog module. I do see Navigator on the top left.
Thanks, Ken, but I don't know how to help LR to find those files.
Cletus was referring to using Explorer or Finder from the desktop, not inside of LR. Are you able to move the files back as they were originally? If so, do that as Cletus suggested using (File) Explorer. If not, you will need to decide where you want them to reside and place them there.
Then you will need to go back into LR and help it find each file with a "?" by navigating it to the file's new location.

--Ken

of course you can also run LR and point LR to the actual folder ("update folder location").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back