Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkerbell

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic latest update
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,
I have a black and white photo that I am colorizing and would like to know if there is a way to make the hair or clothing brown either using Lightroom Classic or Photoshop. I am having trouble in trying to achieve this. Thanking you in advance for any advice or suggestions you may provide.

Thank you so much for your replies. I am still trying to learn Photoshop and will have to give that a try in trying to make the hair color brown. I see that there are more color choices in PS than Lightroom and maybe it really can't be done in LR. I really appreciate the videos that you included in your reply. Thank you. Some of the photos that I am trying to restore date back to 1900.

Yes, I watched all three of them. Two of them were done in PS and Anthony Morganti's was done in LR but it was about isolating a color and everything else is in black and white. In your post you indicated to "pull the global saturation to zero and 'paint' in the color with a local brush" but under the color patch there isn't a brown color. Is there a special way in order to make brown? How would you do this? I have colored in all of the other colors but not brown. I'm stuck. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Two of them were done in PS and Anthony Morganti's was done in LR
The "tutvid" one is also done in Lightroom, and seems to be what you want?

For brown, choose an orange-y colour (maybe hue 36?), then after painting with the adjustment brush you can reduce the brightness via the "Exposure" slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back